What is best for phone interviews?
Jay in Macao ask for my advice on telephone interviews.
He has an overseas phone interview for a Housekeeping Attendant position and asks if I can provide some tips regarding phone interview techniques.
My top telephone interview tips:
- Prepare. Failing to properly prepare for any interview is a sure way of reducing your chances of success. Review the company, the role and how you meet the requirements thoroughly.
- Speak clearly and deliberately
- Use a landline.
- Be confident in your experience and abilities.
- Listen. Answer the questions in full.
- Have your notes to hand. This is an advantage of a telephone interview.
- Practice your responses to questions they are likely to ask you.
- Ask questions. Show you have thought about the role.
Good luck with any job interviews that you have!